Monday, February 14, 2011

Personal Updates

I've applied to work for a bunch of organizations in the last few weeks, including Teach For America. I've also applied to the University of San Francisco's MFA program in Writing.

In the meantime, I've applied to work as a substitute teacher for my old high school. My former AP Gov't teacher informed me that two social studies teachers are going on sabbatical next year, and he invited me to apply for one of the as of yet unfilled positions. I told him that I'll apply if I'm still expecting to be in the area, but that, really, I want to be on the other side of the country by the time the 2011-12 school year rolls around.

A portion of the first chapter of my semi-autobiographical story about bipolar disorder was featured on allaboutbipolar.com on Feb. 2, so I've managed to get a bit more traffic via that connection.

I've also started sending out my manuscript proposal to agents. First on my list was an agent at William Morris, but I haven't heard back from him yet so I'm starting to target others. Wish me luck!

Pete

No comments:

Post a Comment